Monday, April 27, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 14

I seriously can't believe that this semester is almost over. It really didn't hit me until last Tuesday, when one of my coworkers mentioned how much they had to do over dead week. I didn't realize why they were so stressed until I had that "aha" moment.

I think this week my best writing was my storytelling. I sometimes have no idea what to write about, which is why I haven't written a storytelling post every week, but this week I didn't over think anything and came up with a story I was happy with! I appreciate that this class required that I write something every week, because it has definitely kept my creative juices flowing.

I had the chance to check out some new Storybooks this week, and once again I was very impressed with the amount of work that went into each one. All of them are so different from one another and so great in their own ways. The finalists deserved the extra shout out because their work really is exceptional.

This week, we watched a movie in my cinema class that once again reminded me of all the Native American folklore I've read in this class. There were several references that I felt I understood better because of the stories I've read in this class.

So much is happening this time of year! The Memorial Marathon was this weekend and so was Relay For Life. Next weekend, something just as important will take place. The Autism Oklahoma Piece Walk and 5k will take place downtown, and I'm so excited about it. I'm on the committee for the event, and I've seen so many incredible people work really hard to make the event a reality. I'm excited to help in any way I can and see all of the people that come and support the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment