Monday, February 23, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 6

This week has been such a whirlwind! This is evidenced by the fact that it is almost 3 in the morning, and I'm writing this.

I think my best writing this week was my storytelling. The unit that I did, Chinese Fairy Tales, was so great for inspiring me to write. I also liked how detailed and action packed most of the stories were in the unit. I had an epiphany this week about my writing. If I go in and make a blog post and just add the title and labels, I focus more on what I want to write. It's funny how that works. I did that with several assignments this week and noticed that just doing that little thing made me want to brainstorm and concretely plan out my writing more.

The writing that I got to read this week was awesome. I didn't read any other stories based on the unit that I did, so it was interesting to get a glimpse of all of the other units that everyone read. I also liked reading the Storybook projects. It's fun seeing those start coming together. I'm sure that by the end of the semester, they will all be fantastic.

My other classes are getting a little crazy, but that's mostly because I procrastinated. I ended up going to bed at 4 in the morning the other night because I had so much to do and had also put off a drawing that I was supposed to finish for one of my classes. I learned the hard way that I really shouldn't do that again. Oh, well. You live and learn, I suppose.

I had the chance to go to a gigantic book sale in the city this weekend, and it made me want to read even more than I already do. So this is just a shout out to books - Go read them!

(Personal photo of my friend and me at the book sale, Feb. 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment