Sunday, February 15, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 5

I think my best writing for the week was my Storytelling assignment, which was the unit Twenty-Two Goblins. The unit was challenging to write about because of how it was a story within a story. Also, the stories were somewhat redundant, so I had a hard time coming up with some variety for my version of the tale. Overall, I think having to really brainstorm helped me come up with some strategies for future writing.

I really enjoyed reading this week's stories on several different blogs. It always amazes me what kind of stories people can come up with! It's definitely inspiring to read other material, and I think I'm amongst a great group of writers. One of my favorite parts of each week is getting to read what my classmates have written. It was interesting also to see how many people did the same unit as me. Their spins on the stories made the unit much more enjoyable for me overall.

I have one other online class, and I realized that my writing in that class has benefitted from this class because of how writing intensive this one is. I'm also taking some art history classes that have been showing works that deal with mythology somewhat, so it's been interesting to see how that all ties in together! For example, in my Cinema of the American West class, we are dealing with mythological landscapes and characters. It's been fun watching the movies and seeing how the directors made use of Native American mythology in order to make their films more authentic and captivating.

Outside of school, I'm pretty much just looking forward to Spring Break. I'm going to Oregon, so I've just been on Pinterest for hours on end looking at waterfalls to hike to. That's been the most interesting part of my week, I think.

(Personal photo of Tamanawas Falls, OR, summer 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment