Sunday, March 1, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 7

This week was such a blur! I can't believe another week is just around the corner. This week, I read the African Tales (Lang) unit. I really enjoyed it, although I only did half of the reading. I enjoy stories that feature animals as their main characters.

I think my best writing was my storytelling for the week. I've developed a habit of taking stories and re-writing them from a different perspective. It's always interesting and challenging thinking of how to tell a story from another angle. I was worried that I wouldn't meet the length requirement and ended up being afraid I would write too much! That's always a cool feeling, I think. 

I really loved the Storybook projects I got to read this week. All of the ones in my group were really well-written and clearly organized. It's nice being able to see everyone's progress throughout the semester. It seems like the semester just started, and here we are, with all of these stories and whatnot under our belts. It's all flying by so quickly!

I'm having a hard time waking up for my morning classes. Spring Break can't come soon enough! In my film class, we had the opportunity to observe how animals enhance a film. I thought it was a funny coincidence since the unit I worked on dealt primarily with animals!

Lots of things happened this week in terms of news! The llamas that escaped were my main entertainment for a day last week, so I appreciated that. Then the dress debacle surfaced and made me want to delete all of my social media accounts forever. Very glad that has blown over. 


A prominent Russian figure was murdered this week, and that was significant to me. I'm Russian and have family and friends overseas, so I like to keep up with any and all news from the other side of the globe. It's unsettling that such events happen. Overall, I would say the news this week was very diverse, and I'm glad I have so many outlets that let me stay in the loop.


No comments:

Post a Comment