Friday, January 16, 2015

Storybook Favorites

The first project I looked at was The Legend of Odysseus. I’m familiar with the legend of Odysseus and really enjoyed how the author expanded on the legend and made it into something new and interesting. The introduction captured my attention because of its clarity and intrigue. The layout was easy to follow, which helped make the reading experience that much better.

The second project I looked at was Justice al Dante: Notes From Inferno's Newest Intern. The title initially grabbed my attention because just reading it made me realize that there were some plot twists written by the author that would only add to the classic tale. The layout of the Storybook was great, and what stuck out to me most was the attention to detail. I enjoyed the organization of the Storybook as well as all of the little extra details that really pulled me in. Seeing a project like this inspires me to put the same effort into making my Storybook look as good.

The last Storybook I looked at was Queen of the Underworld: Tales of Persephone. I’m very interested in Greek mythology, so the titles with Greek mythological names were the ones that stood out the most to me. I’ve always been interested in the story of Persephone because of how she ended up in the Underworld. The introduction was very detailed, which left no room for confusion of any kind. I also really enjoyed the layout, because I feel like it corresponded with the feel of the Storybook very well, and it called to mind all of the Greek legends.

(Image used in the Storybook about 
Persephone, Source)

Something that I liked about all of these Storybooks was how intricate all of the tales were. Each Storybook author completely made the tales their own and offered something unique and creative. The Storybooks provided ample inspiration for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment