Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Favorite Place: Lithuania

I've been traveling since before I can remember. My mama told me that I took my first plane ride when I was four months old, and I guess the travel bug bit me then and took a firm hold. I was born in Aktau, Kazakhstan, but spent the first four years of my life in Pyatigorsk, Russia. When I was four, we moved back to Kazakhstan. Then, when I was six, we spent a summer living in Limassol, Cyprus, before finally moving to Oklahoma. I come from a family that is obsessed with travel, which probably contributes to the fact that we are all scattered around the globe. My mama and I go overseas every summer to visit our family, and one of the places we visit most frequently is Lithuania, where my aunt lives. This is just one of the many reasons why Lithuania is my favorite place. 

The capitol of Lithuania is Vilnius. It's one of the neatest places to explore.


(Image Information: Personal photo of the cobblestone 
streets in Vilnius; photo from July 2013)

Vilnius has a rich history and the architecture to prove it.


(Image Information: Personal photo of the property around 
Gediminas' Tower; photo from July 2013)

On top of having urban charm, the nature side of Lithuania is also breathtaking.


(Image Information: Personal photo of a lake outside of
Visaginas; photo from July 2011)


1 comment:

  1. I was excited that I had already commented on your introduction post, because it meant I got to read this one! Lithuania, huh? That's pretty dang sweet... I can honestly say I have never had a desire to go there, not because it's not a cool place, but because it is just completely off my radar. But guess what? Now it is ON my radar, and I'm thoroughly convinced I need to go visit Vinius because it looks like a pretty rockin' city! So cool!

    ReplyDelete