Friday, January 16, 2015

Dissecting the UnTextbook

I would like to compare choosing which units to read to choosing which Godiva chocolate covered strawberry to eat first - all are great, and it’s nearly impossible not to inhale them all. With that being said, since I have to choose five favorites, I will proceed to present to you my top choices.

One of the first units I would like to read would be the unit on Chinese Fairy Tales. I've always had a soft spot for anything Chinese, so this unit would satisfy that love. I'm excited to explore the world of Chinese literature a bit more.



(This book cover alone makes me want to lock myself in my
room and not come out until I've read it all. Source)

Another unit I would enjoy reading would be Russian Folktales. Although I was born in Kazakhstan, I'm technically Russian, so naturally I would love to read the folktales of my homeland. The few that I've read throughout the years are kooky and entertaining, so I look forward to whatever creative stories this unit entails.

A third unit I would love to read would be Turkish Fairy Tales. I got the chance to spend a day in Istanbul a couple of years ago and fell in love with the culture. I would go back in a heartbeat. I'm sure the Turkish fairy tales are as amazing as the country from which they came.


Tibetan Folk Tales is unit that I would love to cover. I have a Lhasa Apso, which I've been told was the royal guard dog of Tibet at one point and still might be. That alone is enough of an incentive to read this unit.


A final unit that I would enjoy digging into would be Egyptian Myth. I've been intrigued by Egyptian mythology for as long as I can remember. I got a kid's mummy kit in elementary school that sparked the interest, and I've been hooked ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment